How do you use what you know and love to have others recognize you as an expert? There are specific steps anyone can take to go from simply being great at what they do to building an expert empire.
5 Steps to Go From Business Owner to Expert
- Start a blog on your topic of expertise. To establish yourself as an expert, you’ve got to give people a reason to believe that you actually know what you are talking about. There is no easier way to do that than with a blog. Blogging allows you to share your thoughts and knowledge on our topic of expertise to get the word about about you and your business.
- Promote Yourself. As an expert you are your own brand. You become the product you are promoting. Even though you have a marketing plan for your company, you will want to create a separate identity for yourself as the go-to expert. The marketing you do for your expertise and your business can feed into one another. In other words, those who find you through your efforts to market yourself as an expert, will also find out about your business, and those who find you through your primary business marketing will learn about YOU — The Expert!
- Create interesting content. Give your audience something that interests them and leave them wanting more. When you are passionate about your topic, your enthusiasm will come across in your writing and/or video content.
- Create products around your expertise. You can use your blog and article content as the base to begin creating product. Some examples include e-books, audio programs, video training, webinar series, workshops and books.
- Take your business to the next level. Over time, you will become known as the EXPERT in your niche market and establish yourself as the go-to authority. You then set up high-end coaching or consulting programs or events that create BIG income.
The great advantage of becoming a recognized expert is that it gives your primary business a tremendous amount of exposure and credibility!