One smart business owner can do a lot to make a business successful. But put that together with other great business minds all sharing ideas and brainstorming â€¦ now you have â€¦ Networking Dynamics! Brainstorming and networking with other creative people is a powerful tool to create Success in your business. You canâ€™t just go it alone in this competitive marketplace. You need the help and knowledge of other successful people to stay on top.
Networking is not an option to becoming successful â€¦ it is a Necessity! How can you possibly keep up to date and compete with the stiff competition without having that edge of additional knowledge and shared information? You canâ€™t!
Wouldnâ€™t you like to know how other business owners keep their staff happy and motivated? Wouldnâ€™t you like to know how they handle their day-to-day problems and challenges? Sure you would, and all you have to do is ASK!
There is so much to learn and we cannot do it all by ourselves. We need to share and network all the time. There are opportunities out there just waiting for you and all you have to do is start looking for them. Every time you attend a trade show, convention or seminar those opportunities await you.
You can start by meeting other business owners during convention breaks and talk to everyone everywhere you go about your business. Donâ€™t be shy â€“ introduce yourself and start sharing. When you take the time to share, so will they. Exchange business cards and keep in touch with your new business friends. When you speak with other business owners that are not your direct competition you can share and learn everything about one another’s business.
Networking is what made my business so successful. That is why I believe in it so strongly. When I opened my first retail store over 15 years ago, I had no knowledge of the industry. I just jumped in with both feet â€¦ wading through the trials and tribulations by myself. Then one day I was invited into a focused networking group of retailers. This focus group helped to create such incredible growth within my retail business.
My business increased over 10 times in a short three-year period. I could not have done that without the help and support of this networking group. You can also create this type of opportunity for yourself. Meet on a regular basis and share your invaluable information. You will be amazed at how fast this will grow your business!
The Great Benefits of Networking
- Create a networking alliance of shared successes.
- Meet new people and develop new friendships.
- Share ideas, marketing strategies and challenges with others from the same industry.
- Know that you are not alone with your concerns and problems.
- Refer people to other businesses / they will return the favor.
- Meet seminar leaders that can give you new insight and solutions to help your business grow.
- Brainstorming ideas will increase your creativity and business effectiveness
- Focus on getting to know others first.
- Create a 30-second commercial about your business.
- Think about what makes your business unique. Work on your commercial and practice it until you really have it down with enthusiasm.
- Learn how to remember names by focusing on that person only.
- Think about and relate that personâ€™s name instantly.
- Make good eye contact.
- The eyes are the most descriptive of all body parts. People will know if you are sincere, honest and interested in them.
- Have enthusiasm and share as much as you can.
- Send a hand written note to every new associate you meet.
- Take a good, long look at your business card as if you have never looked at it before. Does your cardâ€™s image and logo reflect your business properly? Does your business card make your business look exciting and inviting to new prospective customers?