Get Social with Social Media
Building social media connections is NOT about trying to sell someone … it is ALL about building quality connections and business relationships online.
To develop real connections be personable and approachable with your posts. Cultivate better relationships through quality comments.
Common sense goes a long way when it comes to connecting with others on social media.
The way you engage with people makes an impression no matter what social media you are using. Look at your own behaviors and ask yourself, “Would I want to be my friend?” or “Are you going out of your way to be of service to others in your network?” If so, that’s the kind of friend you would want to have and to be.
It is unbelievable how many people never bother to connect after a networking event or even fail to add who they met into their contacts file. What a complete and utter waste of time! Therefore, be the one who does add people to your contact file. And connect with them via LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Make a note with every entry where you met (name of event, date, etc).
Social media strategies that build powerful business relationships:
- Write in a personal voice.
- Invite readers’ responses by asking questions.
- Invite others to tag photos of you from networking events.
- Respond using Facebook “message’” when sending a personal message.
- Thank others for their support and offer your support in return.
- Join groups that contact you to possible prospects and other like-minded people.
- Join in on conversations with topics around your expertise.
- Look for possible business connections and strike up a conversation online.*
*This last strategy alone has booked thousands of dollars in business for me around the world.